Monday 4 February 2013

What Are The Symptoms Of Kidney Failure?

What are the symptoms of kidney failure?I have a kidney transplant for 26 yrs. so far but my blood pressure has been a little bit up like 110/90 but it's always been this way. My cholesterol has been going up but my doctor say it's because I've been taking Prednizone all my life. Out of curiosity, I just want to know what is the most that a kidney can last. I have my mom's kidney because I have no sibblings.
What are the symptoms of kidney failure?
According to statistics, by 10 to 15 years, about 50% of transplanted kidneys are still functional. Rates improve if the kidney comes from a living relative.
The signs and symptoms of kidney failure vary, depending on whether the failure is acute or chronic.
Acute kidney failure occurs when your kidneys suddenly stop filtering waste products from your blood. The signs and symptoms may include:
Fluid retention
Bleeding, often in your stomach or intestines
Confusion
Seizures
Coma
Chronic kidney failure
According to the National Kidney Foundation, almost 20 million adult Americans have chronic kidney disease and another 20 million are at risk of developing it. Over time, chronic kidney failure can lead to congestive heart failure, weak bones, stomach ulcers and damage to the central nervous system. Unfortunately, signs and symptoms often don't appear until irreversible damage has occurred. They include:
High blood pressure
Unexplained weight loss
Anemia
Nausea or vomiting
Malaise or fatigue
Headaches that seem unrelated to any other cause
Decreased urine output
Decreased mental sharpness
Muscle twitches and cramps
Bleeding in the intestinal tract
Yellowish-brown cast to the skin
Persistent itching
Sleep disorders
End-stage renal disease

No comments:

Post a Comment

Free consult