Wednesday 13 February 2013

Policystic Kidney Disease Develop Renal Failure

My name is Joelene Jackson but my friends call me by my nickname Jackie. You have responded to my friend tricia via e-mail in connection with my kidney failure and me looking for a kidney transplant. My two kidney donors both failed the tests and seeing that I have policystic kidney disease and so does my only son I have no more family members I can turn to for help in connection for a kidney.
I want to thank you for replying to her as she forwarded your email to me. My nephroligist is currently in England and not available to help me with some test results as their offices is closed till after the easter weekend.
The following info is what I have available from the latest test results that I could find for you but some info is not available to me yet. I hope this info will be of some help to you as yet.
Currently the following info is all I have available till my dr returns from England and until I can get an apointment I cannot answer all your questions.
I have taken a 24 hour urine monster and measured it and it is currently only 350ml in 24hours that I pass.
From time to time there is foam in my urine. The colour is currently a little dark but not to dark with tiny obsticles as I call it in it.
The last ultrasound that was done the results I can remember was the one kidney 17" and the other 19". The last time I saw results the renal funtion was 4 but they tell me it may vary due to the dialysis. They did a ultra sound a few years back and it showed that the kidneys is covered in cysts.
I am on dialysis 3 times a week for 4 hours at a time. I get eprex twice a week and also an iron suplement twice a week. I do have edema in the morning .They draw blood on a monthly basis but I havent received any back yet seeing it is a public holiday here and the person working with the results is currnetly also on leave. I am still waiting for the results of the red and white blood cells results and all outstanding results that i can get I will send to you as soon as they are available.
As soon as my nephrologost returns from england I will try to get all outstanding results for you.

My answer :
To be honest, your condition is serious and because we have many patients with similar illness condition like you, I can undertsand your condition without test reports: low renal function, low GFR, serious anemia, high creatinine, high potassium, electrolyte disturbance, edema, flexible blood pressure, nausea, vomitting and so on. Now, what I want to know is your heart condition and whether you test for HIV, pneumonia, hepatitis and malaria. You know, to patients with this diseases, there are requirment on medication. Ok, the following are our suggestions for you.
Firstly, your creatinine is high. To some degree, many complications caused by high creatinine are more terrible than the disease itself. Creatinine is a kind a metabolic waster and there are mainly three ways to lower it: medicines, dialysis and treatment for kidney disease. To your condition, Dialysis is better for you now for it can lower creatinine in a short time, but dialysis can not treat kidney disease and improve kidney function. The cause of high creatinine is the damage on kidneys. Kidneys can not eliminate toxins out, then creatinine and so on pile up in kidneys. So, if you want to lower the creatinine effectively, it is better for you to repair kidneys and improving kidney function. After renal function improves, your creatinine will be lower naturally.
Secondly, it is necessary for you to treat your anemia for serious anemia can lead to heart attack. Anemia is a common manifestation of patients with end stage Renal Failure and when the serum creatinine is higher than 4 ( it is about 320), anemia will occur. And it may worsen with the aggravation of renal function. The decrease of EPO generated by kidney; inhibitory action of toxins to bone marrow; short of red blood cells’ life; the insufficiency of iron, folic acid, protein; lose blood caused by dialysis; hyperparathyroidism and so on. All of the above reasons can contribute to the occurrence of renal anemia. Usually, patients treat anemia by iron tablets, injections of EPO or the improvement of kidney function. Similar to the creatinine, the basic and effective way is improving kidneys functions first.
Finally, as you know, time is the key for your treatment. if you can not take kidney transplant in one month, we hope you can consider stem cells transplant and the following are our reasons:
1. Dialysis can help reliving some symptom caused by toxins, but can not repair the harm on kidneys. Your renal function is decreasing while only dialysis. Some complications like anemia can not be treated by dialysis.
2. Different from kidney transplant, stem cells can be transplanted without match. So you can take time to save and improve your renal function. Now, 96% renal function has been damaged, there is no time to wait.
3. you are taking dialysis regularly and you still have urine, that is, your filtrating ability is working, that is why we can suggest u stem cells.
4. According to the information you provided, your kidneys enlarged a lot and the enlargement is caused by PKD, so we will apply Chinese medicine to shrink the cysts as well, which will also do good for your kidneys.
Learn about how to avoid polycystic kidney disease develop renal failure

No comments:

Post a Comment

Free consult